France Haliotis is the first sea-based ormer farm in France and the largest in Europe. Wild ormers are becoming scarce and difficult to access as most of them are exported to Asia. Our ormers are specially produced for European gastronomy restaurants in order to maintain this rare and exquisite species among our cooking and eating traditions.
Our ormers are farmed at sea and fed 100% fresh seaweed hand-picked locally respecting the seasonality and the fragile balance of marine habitats. You are also welcome at anytime in Plouguerneau to visit our farm. (www.francehaliotis.com)
*Cocktail size ormers: 5-6 cm, approx 25 g/unit it is naturally tender and available all year round – 40 units/kg. Also named the "truffle of the sea" by local Brittany chefs and gastronomy reviewers, it provides a great potential for creative and innovative cooking opportunities.
* Large ormers, 6 cm and over, 20-30 pieces/kg, are available all year round. It is a well known delicacy from seafood lovers. The 4 years required to grow them to this size give their flesh all the time to concentrate the unique flavour that they take from the seaweed they eat.
Distribution: our product can be delivered within 24 hours which guaranty an optimum quality. It can be sent to most large European cities and even further away. They will be live at delivery and should stay alive 3 to 4 days in their delivery box if kept in a cold room.
Our ormers are served in the best seafood restaurants in Europe:
- Feran ADRIA, El Bulli, Barcelone,
- Eric Briffart, Le Cinq, Hotel Four Seasons George V, Paris,
- Jacques Le Divellec, Restaurant Le Divellec, Paris,
- Wout Bru, Chez Bru, Eygallieres.